USSEC U.S. Soy Complex Tour – September 18, 2017
The Nebraska Soybean Board (NSB) hosted a farm tour in alignment with the U.S. Soybean Export Council’s (USSEC) U.S. Soy Complex Tour on September 18, 2017. The tour included individuals that represent feed mills and animal nutrition companies in Southeast Asia, and was hosted by United Soybean Board (USB) member Gregg Fujan of Weston, NE.
The main focus of the participants was to learn more about soybean meal and soy feed ingredients and qualities that differentiate U.S. soy from others. They had an interest in soy protein concentrate and other advanced soy proteins (including omega-3 ingredients) and fermented and high crude protein products. Other participants has interest in soybean oil as well. Containerized shipments are their main priority.
- Hendri Chandra (Director, PT. Sahabat Jaya Tio Perkasa)
- Joyoputra Jap (Director, PT. Sumber Inti Harapan)
- Carlos Co (President, Overseas Feed Corporation)
- Patricia Rico (President, Santeh Feeds Corporation)
- Jhoenson Sy Siy (Purchasing Manager, Sahara Feeds Corporation)
- Warawut Sophanowong (Managing Director, 88 Foods Co., Ltd and 88 Feedmill Co., Ltd.)
- Htaik Gyee (Managing Director, Shwe Pan Co. Ltd.)
- Than Win (Managing Director, Master Feedmill)
- Yan Naing Phyoe (Purchasing, Master Feedmill)
Lukas Manamaitis, USSEC Aquaculture Manager for Southeast Asia, was also in attendance.
Farmers and staff that attended were Gregg Fujan, Dennis Fujan, Dr. Jim Specht and additional local farmers. The tour was held at Gregg Fujan’s farm outside of Weston, NE. The NSB and USSEC frequently collaborate to host international trade teams to provide farm tours, local events and presentations of checkoff-funded research in an attempt to increase Nebraska soybean demand in international markets. For more information about USSEC, visit https://ussec.org/