Soybean education programs can help to promote a better understanding of the role that soybeans play in our lives, and the importance of sustainable farming practices for our future.
- Increase awareness and understanding of the importance of soybeans as a food crop and as a source of protein.
- Provide information about sustainable soybean farming practices, which can help to protect the environment and support the livelihoods of farmers.
- Teach youth about the various uses of soybeans in industry and consumer products, such as biofuels, lubricants, and plastics.
- Encourage youth to pursue careers in agriculture and related fields, such as plant science, food science, and biotechnology.
- Provide an opportunity for youth to learn about different cultures and their relationship with soybeans.
The Nebraska Ag Sack Lunch Program was designed to educate Nebraska fourth-graders on the important role of agriculture in Nebraska; past, present and future. The program was created…
Invite a soy educator to your classroom! The Nebraska Soybean Board provides soy educators who travel the state and present an hour long “Soybeans: A-Z” program to…